Saturday 5 July 2014

Last Origami Box

This is the last origami box I made and this one too went to Orkney full of fudge with Alan.  An Auntie had recently had health problems so I sent this one home to her to enjoy whilst she recovered from surgery along with a bought get well card.  I'd intended to make one to match the box but time ran away from me.  I get such a guilty feeling buying a card now when I've got all these card making bits and pieces around me.

To find out how to make this origami box base then follow the following link to find an excellent video tutorial.  http://www.card-making-magic.com/origamiboxtutorial.html.



The base of this box was made from a sheet of 12"x 12" double sided patterned paper from Stampin' up.  The lid and sides of the box were decorated using Marianne stitching dies, layered flower dies and the English Rose die which are my favourite ones at the moment.  The small flowers were punched using an X-cut small flower punch with peel off stickers added to their centres.  A few self adhesive pearls and satin ribbon were the other embellishments.


Dark and light shades of purple card were used for the layers on the lid, the lining layers inside the box and to cover the base of the box.  Nestabilities and the first die from the Grand Nestabilities Labels 1 sets of dies from Spellbinders were used to cut these layers.  The lace edges on the triangle flaps were made using a Stamping up border punch and pearlescent card. Nestabilities circle dies were used to make the holder for the ribbon handle.


Altogether I've made six of these boxes and five of them travelled up to Orkney with Alan on his visit back in April.  I managed to capture a photo of them all together before he left.


Thanks for reading today and enjoy your weekend.  I'm off to catch up with some crafting buddies today to make shaker cards.
Liz xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Liz another fabulous box. They all look so professional I think you are the Queen of the Origami box! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liz I love your origami boxes, they're all beautiful and a great choice of colours and embellishments to go with them.
    Feeling almost human now here....time to craft!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete