Tuesday 13 March 2012

Green Agapanthus



Back to my favourite set of Agapanthus stamps from Stampendous again but used with a green theme this time.  I've had these cards in my UFO (unfinished objects box) for a few weeks but as it's my sister-in-law Liz's birthday on Monday I needed to finish them off.  The other card is for a friend whose birthday is later in the year.

  
The patterned paper for this one came from the Citrus Papermania Colossal Paper Pack.  It's an older pack which I've had for some time but it has some lovely bright zingy colours in it which are suitable for Spring/Summer themed projects.  The dark green pearlescent card is from the Papeterie and embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and the bright green card is one of my mistake buys but hopefully the other green tones are enough to quieten it down.  

I used Stampin' up's Garden Green ink to stamp with and their Garden Green grosgrain ribbon as an embellishment.  The sentiment is also from Stampin' up's Sincere Salutations stamp set and cut using an oval Nestabilities die.  The butterfly embellishments are peel off stickers attached to acetate, cut out and then the wings are folded back to give them dimension.  The acetate allows the wings to be flexible enough to lie flat in an envelope but spring up again once the card has been removed.


I used the Agapanthus Long stamp to decorate the inserts of the cards.  On the left of the insert the complete stamp was used and on the right I masked off an area and used only the blooms to make a patterned border.  The pattern isn't totally random as I angled the stamp in one direction and stamped at the top, the bottom and then as near to the middle as possible.  I then turned the stamp and stamped in the spaces between.  The tip of the top bloom was used to fill the spaces along the edge.  Stamping off the edge of a background layer was a tip I picked up at the very first stamping class I attended.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

23 comments:

  1. so stunning liz.your green colours are gorgeous and i love the image and fab design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards Liz, the green colour ist fab,
    Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great word isn't it? Agapanthus! In addition to your gardening knowledge, you are also GREAT at card making! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us this week at Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards - love the image. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week and we hope to see you again soon. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card! Love the stamps you use. How elegant!
    Thanks for playing at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous b-day card. So elegant and fun! Love it.
    Thanks for playing in the 'wearin' green challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Happy Saint Patty's Day! Good luck in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful. I adore the inside! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous I love that deep green colour scheme.

    I have awarded you the liebster blog award you can read about it here

    http://allidcards.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html

    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. That image is fab.

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card in the green - it is so striking in just the one color. Then, the inside is super fabulous also. Thanks for sharing this pretty card with us this week at Pile it On.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beauty this is! love the monochromatic color theme.
    thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl wearin green challenge!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card! it's so perfect for our challenge!! Thnx for playing with us at CMM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely stunning card (or cards). Love the stamps you've used they're beautiful and gorgeous papers too! Came over from MIM
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi

    Great cards, love this stamp set! The inside of the card looks wonderful too.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    Remember, to be in the running to win the fab prize from our sponsor this week, just leave a comment for another entrant. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz - this is a gorgeous card - I love your colour combination and the image of the flowers is so sharp and pretty. This is a truly inspirational card. Thanks for sharing it on MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green is my favourite colour and this looks awesome! :) Stunning cards!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liz I know I have already commented on this card but I just had to pop over when I saw it on Make it Monday to say again I love the elegant scheme on this

    Alli D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you used green on these, it's perfect for the March holiday and wonderful as a birthday card. The outside looks fantastic, but I LOVE what you did on the inside too. Very classy. :)

    Thank you SO much for sharing with us at Make It Monday!
    I hope you have a wonderful week. ;)
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Liz. Saw this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. very elegant card Liz and I love what you have done on the inside. Saw it on MIM
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Liz. Saw your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Liz! I love the layered stamp. Thanks so much for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.
    ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card.love all the green and stamping.I saw your card at MIM.

    ReplyDelete