Tuesday 7 June 2011

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun"

On the 28th of May some members of our little crafting group attended the "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" craft day at the Papeterie, Stoneywood, Aberdeen.  The event was for thirty ladies to have an all day craft day making three projects under the guidance of  these three talented ladies.
Kath
Debbi
Anne

Here are pictures of the projects I made on the day.


This picture isn't quite accurate as we only made the pen holder and notebook sleeve with Debbi but I had a card, which I'd made from the same paper we used in the project, and I couldn't resist putting it in the picture too.  Debbi is a Letraset Product Coach and taught us how effective it can be to use shades of grey Promarkers when colouring and that embellishments, such as ribbon, can also be coloured to match projects.


Kath is a designer and craft demonstrator whose blog I like to follow daily for inspiration and entertainment.  Occasionally her trusty friend Buddy, the Furry Boy, takes over when Kath is busy creating or off on her adventures.  This project was packed full of techniques and it all came together so effectively, so much so that my daughter has claimed this piece for when she has her first home.  It really let me see that the card making techniques and tools we use can be adapted to other styles so easily and something that I'd now like to try again.  It was great to try this without having to think about the composition and colours of the piece as well as get the techniques right.


The bag we decorated with Anne is in the background of this photograph.  The photos I took of it on it's own did not do it any justice.  What you can't see from this shot is that the corners of the bag were decorated using stencils, daubers and inks just as the crown at the top of the bag.  I loved selecting the different colours of inks so that the stencilling matched the colours in the fabric.  Being Mrs Neat as usual, and not Mrs Random, I discovered that you could create a scalloped edge with stamping the daubers half way over the edge of the stencil.  Once again I put a card making technique to another use by stamping the message on to the front of the bag.  First time I'd tried fabric stamping.

It was a great day with lots of banter and I can't listen to Michael Buble without thinking of the day.  Susan from our crafting group was celebrating her birthday that day so there was even Janet's chocolate cake and cream sponge to be had and as if all that wasn't good enough I won a Fiskars border punch in the raffle.  I think the day can be classed as a great success and thank you to the three ladies who did  the hardwork in making it all come together for us.

Thanks for reading
Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment