Friday 8 June 2012

Jubilee Day

My family here had the day off on Jubilee day and Alan suggested that perhaps we could all mark the day by going out for a picnic.  It may have been a ploy to avoid having to watch the royal happenings on the television all day.  However, the weather wasn't very encouraging so we decided against it and the pair of us set off on our own and visited Johnston Gardens and Duthie Park in Aberdeen instead.  

Whilst out and about I suggested that perhaps we could have a picnic tea on the sitting room floor instead as I had a few bits and pieces bought in just in case the weather had happened to be good.  And that's what we did and surprisingly Elaine (26) and Ian (19) appreciated the efforts.  I think the  highlight of the spread was the Billy Bear ham.  We visited Asda on our way home to add to the bits and pieces I already had and when I saw the Billy Bear ham, which I used to buy for them when they were little, I couldn't resist buying it.  Ian still dissected his by removing the eyes, nose and mouth.  A little bit of baking and a bottle of M&S Pink Fizz to toast the Queen finished off our small celebration of the day.  Here are a couple of pictures of our spread.

   

I'm glad we made a little effort to celebrate the day so that our family can have some memories of the occasion.  My Kanban Great British Crafting backing card kit arrived today so maybe I'll make a scrapbook page of the day too.

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm you're making me hungry looking at your fab indoor picnic! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you really enjoyed the day and it was fun to get together. Your aunt looks fab in her outfit. Love to see your scrapbooking page of the day when you show it
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete