Thursday 21 June 2012

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 206 - 5 Circles

 
This is my entry to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week which is 5 Circles.  The inspiration for this project came from Erika at Snappycrafts who has been making and posting pictures of telescopic cards and this gave me the idea for a wall hanging for the 5 Circles challenge.  I mean to have a go at a telescopic card yet though.


The Penny Black image used in this project is Pansy Rabbit and it's coloured using Promarkers.  The image and the other four panels are framed and layered using Nestabilities and Grand Nestabilities plain and scalloped circles.  The purple pearlescent card used is from the Papeterie and the patterned papers and pansy elements are from the Nitwit download Time for Tea which were manipulated in the My Craft Studio Professional programme. The scallops on the base layers were pricked and then stitching and beads were added.



The pansy flower name meaning and the verse were both sourced from the internet.  I had to seek help from OH on how to type French accents.


The two small panels have beaded pansies in them.  I'd recently been looking through ideas books which I'd bought for inspiration and found Embroidery Creations with Beads by Jantina Lanting and this is where the pattern for the beaded pansy topper came from.

I don't have a recipient in mind for this project as it was just a piece of fun for me to make and meet the challenge.  Had my Mum-in-law still been around then this would have been one for her as it's in her favourite colours and she loved flowers.  I regret that I never found out what her favourite flower was.

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

27 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! This is stunning Liz. I love the design with the gorgeous image and lovely beading too. Just so much lovely detailing, I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to receive this!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous & creative work of art Liz! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘GOING IN CIRCLES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super creation Liz, great design.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant take on the challenge liz and I love your beaded pansies...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, I love all of the little extras.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic is this ?????? It really is beautiful. Adore those beaded pansies.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning liz.fabulous colours and design i love all the elements :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab work
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your wall-hanging! Absolutely gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous wall hanging hun! thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you again soon
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project - it's awesome :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW this is amazing.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. I love the image and the beading is super. What a lovely project. I am so glad I spotted it on MIM. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love this wall hanging project I spotted you on MIM....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Liz. I saw your Very Beautiful project on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz.I saw you Beautiful Hanging card on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creations Liz!! Saw this on MIM. Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a gorgeous wall hanging so much work ,it must have taken ages,... beautifully detailed i love it
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow how gorgeous I saw it on MIM and hopped over for a closer look your are a very talented lady i love that you have used several techniques but they all work well together the beadwork is so lovely.thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is fantastic. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, this is totally gorgeous, you must be very proud of this beautiful wall hanging. Lovely work that would have given you much pleasure to create.

    Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea having them cascade like that. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look. I’m enjoying looking at all the amazing inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes it is gorgeous, beautifully maked and great idea, lovely wall decoration!

    Thank you for playing with us at Penny Black and More Challenge, new challenge on next Sunday, welcome;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous Liz! Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More. Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful piece of work. Thank you for sharing you favourite things over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and hope you join in our next challenge x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Liz this is a fab project I love all the beading you've added. Stunning work and thanks very muchly for the mention. Crafty hugs,
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete