Friday 1 June 2012

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 203 - Monochrome Magic


This is my entry for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week which is Monochrome Magic.  The Penny Black rubber stamp used on this one is called Awakening and is one of my favourites at the moment and to follow the monochrome theme I've used shades of pink from Stampin' up's ink, markers, card, ribbon and patterned paper.

For the main image the stamp was coloured with regal rose, melon mambo and old olive markers before being spritzed with water and stamped.  To create the matching backing layers the stamp was spritzed with water and stamped two or three more times, overlapping the images, to give impressions with varying depths of colour before being coloured again and repeating this process.  The spot patterned backing paper is from Stampin' up's Brights Collection paper stack and their plain pink card stock in rose red and pink pirouette was also used.  The pale green card is parchment card from Southfield Stationers. Stitching was added to frame the main image and backing panel.


Pink Pirouette ink was used to sponge around the distressed edge of the main image and the scalloped edges of the base card.  The birthday wishes stamped sentiment is from Stampin' up's Sincere Salutations set and was stamped using their melon mambo ink.  The sentiment was cut and layered using a Spellbinders Labels 4 die.

For embellishments matching brads from Dovecraft, pearls from the Hobby House and rose red and pretty in pink  grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' up were added.

I'd like to enter this card in the following Challenges
Crafts and Me Challenge - Add a Ribbon
Truly Scrumptious Challenge 81 - Pretty in Pink
Card Caravan Challenge 20 - Pink
Make My Monday Challenge - Floral Theme (pink, green, white)
Allsorts Challenge 156 - Birthday
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 69 - Distress It
Crop Stop Challenge 74 - Pretty Pearls

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

36 comments:

  1. A lovely card - the monochrome image works really well.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colours and the stitching.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card and so beautifully stamped. Such a perfectly elegant and classy card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, your Awakening floral images look fabulous throughout this pink Birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "Add a Ribbon" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Liz, love the image, gorgeous colours and fab details!
    Thanks for entering our Happy Birthday to someone special challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card liz...I can see why you love that image..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Liz! Love the image and how you have made the backing paper to match! Fab design and I love it all hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Liz, I love this card. I can see why this image is one of your favourites. I love the colours and layout too! Just gorgeous!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining our CropStop Pearl Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This took my BREATH AWAY when it loaded on my screen!!! What a gorgeous card--perfect for our color challenge! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful liz,gorgeous pretty flowers and colours and i love how you have stamped you own backing paper ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Liz. I love the colours and layout. I hope you don't mind but I am nominating you for the Leibster Blog Award. The details are on my site.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful Liz and love the colours. Fab image to work with
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card, beautiful interpretation for our challenge at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card - I just love the way you have put this together. Thanks so much for joining us at MMM. I think this stamp might go on my wish list!
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz I saw you on MIM you are the card before my entry! Love this floral card, so summery. I just wish that the weather here could match!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Liz great layering and loving this colour combo and the stitching detail.
    Happy crafting!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Liz

    I am in awe of your card, it's so beautiful. I love the colours and design, and your flower image is spectacular.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card-Love the pinks and image. Saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card and colours Liz..I saw this Beauty on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! I love all the pretty colours and fab image :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Distress It" Challenge.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a stunning card. I saw it on MIM and had to come have a look see :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is so lovely! Any birthday gal would love to get this card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful and elegant card. I really love the colours you've used and the distressed edges finish the card perfectly.

    Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Completely refreshing and beautiful birthday card!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw your card on MIM it's gorgeous,love the colour and detail.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so gorgeous!! I love the layers and details! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing and joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us on the card caravan at The Hybrid Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is gorgeous - such beautiful work with your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful monochromatic card! Great stamping! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing your card with us....pearls for CropStop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such fun and so pretty! I saw it over on Make It Monday and came to leave you some love .
    Hugs

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  34. Glad I found your blog--love your work! Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved your card so much I chose it as my Pick of the Week for Make It Monday,
    A beautiful creation.
    Sandy DT MIM

    ReplyDelete