Friday 6 April 2012

Down on the Farm



This is the card I've made for Ian, a grand-nephew who is four today.  I made this card back in January for another grand-nephew using the My Craft Studio to manipulate the images from two free Cuddly Buddly downloads Heartly Farm and Heartly Farm 2.  When I printed them out I had been disappointed with the quality but I've since discovered that this was my fault.  There is a print quality option available on the programme and I had used it at it's lowest setting which explains why I'd thought it hadn't been sharp enough.  Lot's to learn with this programme yet.

  
These images remind me of the ones in the Usbourne Farmyard Tales books. My family used to love searching the pages to find the hidden duck.  For the main topper I printed out four of the tractor images and decoupaged them. Most of the images were resized so that they could be matt and layered using Spellbinders Nestabilities plain and scalloped square dies and then grass embellishments were cut and layered using a quickutz die.  A little bit of Stampin' up garden green ribbon and a few peel off dots and that was it.  Here's a view from the back.


This is a photo, which was taken just this past week, of the birthday boy with his blue birds.  Hope he has a lovely day. 

25 comments:

  1. Cute card- love the stair step style! Thanks for playing at Celebrate the Occasion!! :)Amy
    Amy's Crafting Space
    Celebrate The Occasion Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this card! Now I have the song, "Old McDonald had a Farm" running through my head, lol! I just love the look of your whole card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love the scene and those images are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly beautiful card - thanks for joining in with us this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a fantastic stepper card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw awesome card, he will love it, great images and shape, thanks for sharing with us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fabulous! LOVE the step card fold! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. This is great!! He will love it. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card Liz - so colourful and just fantastic.

    take care

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just TOO cute! Love it! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort put into this card! Cute! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous step card Liz love all the animals thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just a delight. Really fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday...Suzanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really lovely card and so perfect for a little one. Great shape and lovely images.
    Thanks for joining in with our MMM wheels challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining us at MMM with this fabulous stepper card. So much fun the little on will love it.
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FABULOUS birthday card! Ian is going to love it! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at the second-prize drawing!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic step card, so fun!!!!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just gorgeous hun, really like this, my grandson loves machinery of any kind...stunning!
    Saw this on MIM...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card Liz! No doubt Ian will absolutley love it!!

    I have featured this card on the Pink Paper Paradise facebook page.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your adorable step card with all the fun elements, what a great thing to receive! Sorry I am late but I wanted to thank you for joining us @ CTO for our "Kids Birthday" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely great card!! Love all those layers ;) Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card Liz, I really like the images.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful step card - fun images and all beautifully colored!

    Saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I SO enjoy this tractor card and all the steps! How wonderful and will be a joy for the child!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete