Saturday 28 April 2012

Guest Designer at My Sheri Crafts Challenge Blog


This is the card I put together for my Guest Designer spot over at My Sheri Crafts Challenge Blog. I recently entered their challenge "A Birthday Card for an under Five" and as a result was chosen to be a Guest Designer in their "April Showers Bring May Flowers to Mum - Create a Mothers Day card/project and add Flowers" Challenge.


 The main image on this card was made using a stamp from Inkadinkado inked with Versafine Archival ink in Majestic Blue.  It was then cut out and framed using Grand Nestabilities Circles dies.  Whilst looking for the circle dies I came across the Sizzix/Hero Arts stamp and die cut Antique Flowers and Butterflies set which my daughter gave me as a Christmas present and realised that the flowers matched those in the main image.  This is what I've used to make the floral ring underneath the main image.  It's the first time I've used this set and I was impressed how clearly it stamped and how the die cut so cleanly.  An excellent combination.  The little flowers were punched using a Tonic punch.

The floral backing paper came from the Papermania Capsule Collection by Jesse Edwards and is the Burleigh Blue design.  This is a lovely selection of papers, some suitable for masculine projects as well as florals, and I also treated myself to ribbons, buttons and bows from the collection.  The navy pearlescent card and the diamond white card is from the Papeterie.  On the white layer under the floral ring I distressed the edges, inked them with the Majestic Blue ink and added a stitched border as an extra frame.  The edges of the scalloped base card, the sentiment and the small flowers were also sponged with ink.  The sentiment was printed from the computer and die cut and layered using a Nestabilities circle die.  

A few pearls from Hobby House, silver round brads, crystal dot peel offs and Stampin' up Night of Navy ribbon were the finishing touches.


I usually add a paper insert to cards but I decided to decorate the inside of the card using the same inks and papers.  The stamped image on the left is also from an Inkadinkado stamp and is the same lady as in the main image on the front.  On the right I printed a verse I found on the internet and die cut and framed it using Grand Nestabilities dies.  The floral paper is also from the Burleigh Blue paper pack and is the same design as the paper used on the front except the white and blue colours have been reversed.

I don't like having my photograph taken but the one of me on My Sheri Crafts Challenge blog was taken by my daughter as part of a portrait challenge she took part in at the local camera club.  You can check out more of her work here

30 comments:

  1. This is stunning Liz what a beautiful card both inside and out Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning Liz it is so beautiful like Wedgewood! Love the stamps you have used and it is beautifully finished off xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING card, Liz, inside and out and perfect in all the little added details!!! Thanks so much for designing along with us @ My Sheri Crafts this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautifully elegant card Liz...and I love the inside too, makes it s special..Thanks so much for joining our Craft Room Challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Liz - love the monochromatic look.

    See you soon

    hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz! Gorgeous creations you have made lately! Love how you have made the inside on this card - just as beautiful as the front:)
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is stunning, both the front and the inside! The image is beautiful and I love how you've incorporated the HA stamps/die cuts underneath. Thanks for joining in with our Ink It challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck in the draw.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz, what a beautiful card! I just love the colors and papers you used! Your card is just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside! Wonderful job on it! Thanks for joining us as Guest Designer on My Sheri Crafts this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the blue and all those flowers! Thank you for joining us as Guest Designer on My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz, It is wonderful having uyou as our guest designer at My Sheri Crafts. This card is just amazing. It looks just like blue tulle. And I LOVE blue tulle. The inside of the card is as beautiful as the outside. GORGEOUS!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a stunning monochrome card, just beautiful, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is absolutely stunning liz.gorgeous vintage image and your colours and design are fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card simply gorgeous thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation .Love the main image and the frame work .Love the card inside too .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Liz. This is a very Beautiful card. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being Guest Designer this week at My Sheri Crafts. Beautiful card. Love the printed floral papers you used... beautiful blues

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. I love the image and DP that you used. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card inside and out Liz!! I love the papers.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Liz, love the design and fab monochrome look!
    Thanks for joining in with our Punches and Dies challenge over at Fussy and Fancy this fortnight!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning, i love it, its so elegant, Its one of my fave cards i have seen today,
    Saw u at MIM,
    Hugz
    Kenzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOPS Me again, Thanks for joining us at Paperplay hun with this amazing card,
    Simply Divine
    Hugz
    Kenzie DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card. I saw this on Make-it-Monday..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card inside and out. I saw it at MIM Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful toile card! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't seen anything like this. It's fantastic! Love it!!!!
    Thanks for joining in at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge this fortnight. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw your card on MIM and have popped in to have a closer look. A beautiful card. The images are lovely amd the monochromatic use of blue is beautifully done.
    Congratulations on being Guest Designer this week at My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card inside and out! Love the blue toile and the image is so pretty! Thank you for being guest designer at My Sheri Crafts! You do gorgeous work!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is stunning. It looks like Delft porcelain in paper form. I love the classic look of it. Saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete