Monday 2 April 2012

Pearl Anniversary


Tomorrow is the thirtieth wedding anniversary of my cousin and her husband and this is the card I've made for them. I made this card layout several times last year, for anniversaries and weddings and in various colour combinations, but I never tire of putting together this "elegant shoe" from a template designed by Coppernob.  Although time consuming to make, the end result is really effective.

The flower embellishments are made using a quilling pattern I found in a Craft Creations project for a rose basket.  I use a one inch and a half inch punch to make them. Lots of different techniques are used to make this card including one of the first ones I used when starting to make cards - Ornare paper pricking.

The base card is white pearlised card but the matting layers are a mixture of matt and linen off white/cream card.  The rose patterned card is from Kanban.  Mother of pearl styled sequins, self adhesive pearls, pearl beads, cream satin ribbon and silver peel offs were used as embellishments.  A PSX stamp was used to stamp and emboss the sentiment on to the sole of the shoe with Stampendous detail silver embossing powder.


I was Alison and Colin's bridesmaid that day thirty years ago and I can truly say I have never again felt so glamourous as I did that day, not even on my own wedding day.  We went off in the morning and had our hair done.  Mine was swept back at one side with a lovely corsage added matching our navy blue dresses.  We then went off and had a facial and our make up applied.  I'd never had any kind of treatment before so this was a lovely experience.   It's difficult to believe that thirty years have passed since.

This is the box I've made to send the card in and now I must look for a sturdy box for both to be protected as they wing their way to Inverness.  Hope they have a lovely day however they celebrate.

  

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges 29 - Wedding/Love

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

13 comments:

  1. SOOOOO beautiful! I love what you've created here. This is absolutely unique and wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just absolutely stunning!!! Beautiful creation! I hope they love it!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Oh my, this card is so elegant, simply beautiful! The more I look the stunning little details I see.


    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    Remember to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entrant. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! A beautiful piece of work - and some beautiful memories from the day too:)
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super inspirational card Liz.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a STUNNER Liz. Saw this on MIM. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure work of art, Liz. Amazing details, in fact, unending string of details! Thanks for sharing. Lucky thing I caught you at MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. You and I must be on the same wavelength this week as I, too, did a wedding shoe!! Yours is just lovely and I love the roses and silver embossed sentiment. "Met" you at MIM! Good Luck!
    xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card and love the beautiful matching box.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Liz - I'm sure your cousin and her husband will be delighted with the card.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is stunning liz.really beautiful and elegant design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Utterly stunning!
    I adore the wee shoe and all those lil flowers!
    Its just perfect for our Wedding/Love theme this time!
    Thanks joining in the fun at Dream Valley!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Liz, stunning card, I love all the details on it. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete